Friday 24 June 2011

Follow Friday---11---

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee. It is an amazing and fun way to get to know a LOT about your other blogger friends. Hats off to Rachel for this mind-blowing meme and also the questions she comes up with every week. I am certain I will never stop posting this weekly meme. Its one of my most favorite!!

This week's question is---
Q) In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as the Midsummer.....lets talk about faeries. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around fae?
I used to love reading fairy tales when I was a kid, as in I would read the same story everyday and never get fed up. Even now, occasionally, when I am bored with the usual books, I happen to read them for the fun of it. I remember that for my 9th birthday, my dad got me a customized copy of Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast in which instead of the main princess's name, my name was printed. I was overjoyed!! :D
But my favorite fairy tale would be Rapunzel. I adore that book!!!
As for a story that revolves around fae, there is one in particular written by Isobel Bird in the series called Circle of Three. I can't recall which book in the series because there are 15 books and I read them all some time ago. Oh wait!! I got it- In The Dreaming (#5) . I absolutely LOVED the series. You all should check it out.

A fab question once again. Thanks PJ! What about you?? Leave a link and I'll stop by. :D

Xoxo <3
Mia

11 comments:

  1. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! New follower from FF!:) I love Rapunzel, too---absolutely adore Tangled, watch it at least once a week!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, new follower here from the hop! Love you blog! :)

    The Circle of Three is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that book series "The Circle of Three" Wow...that takes me back.

    Hopping by on the blog hop. Have a great weekend :)

    ♥ Trish My Follow Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy friday,,I loved the story of Repunzel...I just didnt think to use any fairy tales from my child hood..lol
    have a great weekend
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I'm a new follower from FF. Thanks for the book rec. I hadn't heard of those books before. There's always room for more fairy books. :) Happy hopping!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower. Like your blog a lot. Like the color scheme.

    Grace Fonseca @Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe i've seen those customised books on firebox. I really want one. Alice in Wonderland would be great. Really good answer.

    Here's my Friday

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. What a cool dad you have to honor your fairy tale love.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - New Follower

    That customized book is such a cute idea!!

    ~Christy Love of Books

    ReplyDelete