Wednesday 16 March 2011

Review---The Host by Stephenie Meyer

This is my first review. Hope you like it. I just recently read this book and I loved it.


When I first borrowed this book from my cousin, I wasn’t even sure if I’d finish reading it. Also having never read a Science-Fiction book didn’t help. But I decided to make an effort and start the book because of my love for The Twilight Series also written by Stephenie Meyer (She’s amazing!!!).
The story revolves around the two main characters-Melanie Stryder, the human host and Wanderer, the soul inserted into Melanie’s body –as they together go in search of Jamie, Melanie’s brother and Jared, the man she loves. Wanderer overcome by Melanie’s emotions and memories soon finds herself falling in love with Jared. Being different from the other souls who unhesitatingly serve their purpose, Wanda (as everyone calls her) is kept under constant scrutiny by her Seeker. But this doesn’t stop her from giving in to Melanie’s wishes and she faces all the obstacles that come in their way, undauntedly.
In the book Melanie and Wanda are portrayed as opposites, each coming up with totally different ideas on how to solve a problem.
There are a lot more characters in the book and I so badly want to write about all of them but that wouldn’t be fun for those of you, who haven’t read the book yet. Besides this being my first review, I don’t want to spoil it. So even if you’re not a Sci-Fi fan like me, I certainly recommend this book because it’s an amazing read from the very first chapter till the end.

Xoxo <3
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment