Thursday 17 March 2011

Review----The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This is my second review in a row.I totally loved this book and so would you.Don't forget to tell me what you think of it.

How would you feel if you were always on the run? Always being chased? Never able to call a place your home?
This is the situation faced by Rose and Lisa in The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
This book was recommended to me by my friend. When I saw this book in the library it was the cover page and the title name that caught my eye. I like paranormal books and also books about school life. This book has both so I got this book and couldn’t put it down till I finished the last page. Desperately hoping that there was a second book in The Vampire Academy installment, I turned the next page and found the first chapter of the 2nd book. I was so happy!! I went online and found out that there were six books in the series, but that’s besides the point. In this book the main characters are Rose Hathaway, Lisa Dragomir, Dimitri Belikov and Christian Ozera.
Rose Hathaway, a dhampir, has sworn to protect her best friend Lisa Dragomir, a Moroi princess. In the book , Rose has been made to look like the tough guy. The one whose face clearly says “you mess with me or my friends and I beat you into pulp”. She is  strong and has a really bad reputation in school for being involved in a lot of fights. Its like if there’s commotion and chaos in the school hall then Rose has to be involved. She’s a kind of person who can’t sit around and do nothing if a fight is going on or if someone needs help. But at the end of the day, this attitude of hers is what helps keep Lisa safe.
Lisa Dragomir is a very sweet, kind and loving character. She’s the most popular person in school, what with being the last of the Dragomir clan. But her popularity doesn’t get to her head and she mingles well with everyone and is ready to help anyone when she can.
Dimitri Belikov is Rose’s teacher (Man does she have the best teacher or what!!!!!). He’s one of the strongest guardians at school. Actually in my opinion, he’s the strongest of them all. He is considered s God in school with the perfect looks and strength.
Christian Ozera has been portrayed as the bad boy. For some reason (can’t mention it) everyone stays away from him. He has the I-Don’t-Care attitude to go with the careless and mostly expressionless exterior.
In the book there are two different types of vampires. The Moroi, who feed on willing donors for blood but don’t kill them. They each possess different elemental powers – Earth, Air, Water, Fire. In simple words they are the good ones. While the Strigoi are the bad kind. They kill in order to feed or sometimes they just kill someone to turn them into a Strigoi. This book is about Rose and Lisa’s experiences as they are dragged back to the academy.
It is a really captivating and mind-blowing read. I love all the characters in it. The characters are made so real that sometimes you feel like you’re part of the book and you’re watching all this happen in front of you. I have finished reading all the 6 books and I really wish the series didn’t have to end. But alas!!!
SO if you haven’t read the book please do read it. You will not get bored of it, I promise.
And for those who have read it how did you like it?? Are your views and opinions the same as mine??

Xoxo <3
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment