Saturday 23 April 2011

Review---Adored by Cecily Von Ziegesar

Firstly, friends, please forgive me for this attempt at writing a review, which I believe is not my best one. I sincerely have no idea what to write about it without giving away the whole story so I’m just going to go ahead with my feelings throughout the book.
Synopsis from Goodreads-
Brett Messerchmidt is planning Waverly Academy's annual holiday ball and gift exchange. But when some enterprising students decide that playing Secret Satan is infinitely more fun, the entire school starts acting naughty. Now all Brett wants for Christmas is a quiet holiday-and a kiss from a certain someone under the mistletoe. Too bad Callie Vernon has the same idea. Ho ho no!
Everybody at Waverly is getting into the giving spirit. The only present Tinsley Carmichael wants to unwrap this holiday is her new boyfriend, Julian McCafferty. But what happens when she uncovers a shady secret from his past instead?
Santa knows when you've been bad or good . . . but what's the point of being good when being bad is so much fun?


My review-
For starters, it was an okay read. Surely entertaining, but not something I would die to read. This book gives us an inside view of what elite schools are like. I got this book from my school library and was really excited to read it as it was by the same author who has written the best selling Gossip Girl series which is also a Tv show. But I didn’t realize that this is the 8th book in the series. I saw the book and was so excited that I totally forgot to check out anything about the book before I issued it. Not having read the previous books in the series, I couldn’t feel a flow in the storyline ,that is, there was no sense of continuity. It lacked sense of humor and I found the whole Secret Satan thing really silly. But once again Cecily Von Ziegesar has successfully managed to bring out the story in its true teenage sense.
The characters were as real as students in your high school. Many of them were love sick throughout the story up until the last 3-4 chapters. In general they are all impractical and let their judgments be swayed by jealousy, sympathy. Little J, back to her own tactics, becomes too full of herself, when 3 freshman students want to make a documentary film on her because they believe she’s the IT GIRL. Walking with her nose high up in the air, she doesn’t notice the potholes in her path, into which she’s likely to fall. Overall it was okay. If you’ve read and liked the other book in the series then  you should go ahead and read this. Also if you miss Little J from Gossip Girl (TV Show) then you can read this book and spend some quality time with the character.

What do you think of the book/review??

Xoxo <3
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment