Friday 29 April 2011

TGIF---2---

TGIF is a weekly meme which, like FF, has a weekly question that you answer as well as a recap of this week's posts. Its a fun way to get to know more about blogger friends.It is hosted by Ginger@GReads.I am participating in this weekly meme. You can also participate if you want here.


This weeks question-
Q)Stand Alone vs Series:What's your stance?
Oh I love this question. I am going to be diplomatic and say both. I love both for very different reasons.
Series because the story of my favorite characters continue and I get a peek at their life and experiences, no matter good or bad.With every addition, in a series, I get to know more and more about the characters and sometimes I connect with them all, deeply. As of now I haven't read a series which is a flop or anything. I've loved them all. Plus I get addicted and I can't wait for the next book to come out. Some of my favorite series of all time are-The Twilight series, The Vampire Academy series, The Vampire Diaries series, all the series books by Meg Cabot (YUP!! I've read each one of them), Pretty Little Liars series and many more.

Stand Alone because even though the story ends then and there,they leave a great impression on my mind and I know I will never forget them.It is sad to bid goodbye to some of the characters but that's the whole purpose of the book.They are there simply for you to read and get something out of them.Some experience, some knowledge, some truth about life, some disappointment.There are some great stand alones which would have been a bore if they were made into series. Some books are just perfect being one and only. I don't crave series so much that I want all the books to be made into series. No, I definitely would not like that. Some great Stand Alones are The Host by Stephenie Meyer (yeah this book, very efficiently, manages to creep into all of my posts/lists. Its the best!!), The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, all the Mary Higgins Clark's books, the Elizabeth Scott books, Hailey Abbott's books et cetera.

What about you??

Xoxo <3
Mia

1 comment:

  1. Great discussion! Both definitively have their pluses and minuses.

    ReplyDelete