Sunday 10 April 2011

Review---Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne

Before I begin with the review I would like to mention something to the readers. The first paragraph is the synopsis of the book which I've written in my own words, so if you already know what the book is about and just want to read the review then skip right over to paragraph 2. The review is for the first book in the Dark Guardian Series by Rachel Hawthorne.

Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne is mainly based on werewolves or Shape Shifters, as the say in the book. Kayla, a wildlife enthusiast, lost her parents when she was five. She was told that they were accidentally shot by hunters in the forest. But unable to recall what exactly happened that day, Kayla finds herself connected to the forest- where her parents died- in a way she has never felt before. The book elaborates on the events that take place in Kayla's life until the big day when everything is about to change. When everything she knows about herself will change- for the better or worse? READ to find out.

If I had to say something about this book in a sentence then it would be that I LOVED IT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. I dove right into the story from the very first page and was unable to put the book down. The times when I was forced to put the book down, I would do so very heart-breakingly. My first instinct when I read the synopsis of the book was that probably this book too might be following the twilight storyline minus the vampires. Not able to ignore my love for paranormal books and of-course werewolves (TEAM JACOB!!! WOOHOO!!!), I reached forward and grabbed this book. And boy am I glad to have done that or what!! This book is nothing close to/similar to the twilight series. It is amazing in its own captivating world. I want to thank Rachel Hawthorne for having written this series and I wish her good luck for her upcoming books.Moonlight is written very well. Really descriptive (something I love), its impressing. The places were described so real that I could imagine myself in place of Kayla and I loved every moment of being in that place. If I ever get to meet Rachel Hawthorne, one question I would most definitely ask is "How she comes up with such beautiful places?Are they for real or just imaginary??"
Moving on to the characters. Kayla is a really pretty teenager with a good sense of responsibility. She loves the wildlife and finds it more comfortable, in the forest, than in any place. She ranks second in my YA FEMALE WARRIOR CHARACTERS list (first place occupied by Rose from The Vampire Academy). Not to mention that she's really friendly and good at heart.She is a very determined character and doesn't lose hope soon. Next in line is Lucas. What can I say about Lucas? Anything would be too less. He has an endless list of qualities. He's hot, handsome, responsible, a nature lover (really environment friendly, which sometimes is sort of annoying) loyal, considerate and on and on......
So far this is the best book about Shape Shifters. Can't wait to read the second book in the series. If you haven't read it, please go ahead and give it a try. I guarantee that you won't regret reading it.

What do you think?Don't forget to let me know.

Xoxo <3
Mia

2 comments:

  1. Great Review. I've wanted to read this series for a while. I think its going to be my next buy. :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna-Thanks so much.You should definitely read it. =D

    ReplyDelete