Friday 8 April 2011

TGIF---1---

While browsing through Dog-Eared & Bookmarked (blog) I came across this new weekly meme for the weekend and I loved the idea.It is hosted by Ginger@GReads.So here I am participating in this weekly meme. You can also participate if you want here.
TGIF is a weekly meme featuring a re-cap of this weeks posts and a question.

This week's question is-
Q)Book Tears:Do you get emotional when you read?Which books had you in tears?
Seldom do I get emotional when I read because I don't read much of sad stories. I used to find it ridiculous when people cried (either watching movies or reading books) but after having read a book, I realized that crying doesn't necessarily show weakness but it just shows that how well you've understood the book and its characters.It shows how well the book is written and how real the characters are portrayed if you must feel for the characters and get upset at their unfortunate times. The one and only book that has brought tears to my eyes is THE HOST by STEPHENIE MEYER. I understood the plight of Wanda in the end. The sincere act of humanity by Wanda was the worth the tears.Having never read such a deep story I was overwhelmed by Wanda's characteristics.

THIS WEEK AT BOOK HAVEN

Are you participating in TGIF??Hurry Up!!Its a great one.

Xoxo <3
Mia

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, The Host was an emotional read for me too! I was scared to read that book b/c of it's volume, but I flew through it!! I really enjoyed that story.

    TGIF & Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Host! I cannot wait for the movie. And I agree with you. In the end, I was rooting for Wanda and Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... i haven't read the host yet, but i have heard so many wonderful things about the novel!

    visit me some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Host, but haven't read it. Agree with the others, I've heard fantastic things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's on my TBR list just taking some time to read it so many books lol thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment I am now a new follower. =)

    as always ♥, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You everyone for commenting.
    @Yas, Cyndi, Carol- you should definitely read the book. Its mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete